Recipe kindly supplied by Mr Pike, one of our lovely customers. He uses an old style Soda Stream unit (2005) which makes 2 x 1 litre bottles of ‘Sparkling Fruit Tea’. If you just want to make 1 x 1 litre bottle then just halve the recipe below.
This is such a refreshing drink for summer and the bonus is it’s low in calories too!
- 1.5 litres of chilled water
- 4 heaped teaspoons of fruit tea – your personal choice (can add more tea if you prefer it stronger)
- 500ml hot water
- Chill 1.5 litres of water in the fridge (chill in a jug that will hold at least 2 litres).
- Add 4 heaped teaspoons of fruit tea (fruit infusions work well or fruit flavoured teas) in a 500ml or bigger teapot and add 500ml of boiled water (80 degrees celcius is hot enough).
- Steep tea for 7 minutes.
- Strain and pour the steeped tea into chilled water jug from fridge.
- Cool in fridge for a further 1 hour.
- Pour cooled contents from jug into soda stream bottle and give ‘4’ quick shots of gas and leave in the unit for 1 minute to let the gas settle. Repeat for second 1 litre bottle.
NOTE: Not too much gas or it may bubble and foam all over the kitchen 🙂
- Screw caps on bottles and store in fridge tocool further or until ready to drink.