Everyone loves a good iced tea and this recipe is no exception. With its lovely summer fruits this white iced tea recipe will soon become a firm favourite!
- 12 cups of water
- 10 – 12 grams of white tea
- 2 peaches, pitted and diced
- 1 cup of mango, chopped
- 1 tablespoon plus ¼ cup of caster sugar
- 1 peach, pitted and sliced for garnishing
- Boil the 12 cups of water in a jug or large saucepan. Once boiled allow to cool for a few minutes (so you don’t burn your white tea leaves when you put them in).
- Steep the white tea (using a tea sock or muslin cloth but allow enough room for the leaves to expand) for a good 10 minutes. Remove the tea sock or muslin cloth containing your tea leaves and pour the liquid into a large mixing bowl or jug if you prefer. Allow the tea to cool to room temperature, which will be about 45 minutes.
- Whilst waiting for the tea to cool add the chopped peaches and mango into a small mixing bowl and add the 1 tablespoon of caster sugar. Allow the fruit to sit until it has softened and formed juices.
- Transfer the fruit with the juices into a large jug. Pour the cooled tea into the jug and add the ¼ cup of caster sugar. Using a large wooden spoon stir the contents until combined and the sugar is dissolved.
- Serve immediately over ice and add slices of peach to garnish. Alternatively you can chill in the refrigerator but just give it a quick stir before serving over ice. Garnish glasses with slices of peach.