For a refreshing iced tea why not try this lovely Maccha Mint recipe.
- 2 cups filtered water
- 2 teaspoons Maccha green tea powder
- 2 cups crushed ice
- 1 lime, sliced
- handfuls of mint
- optional: honey or cane sugar (or minty simple syrup, see notes below)
- Using a cocktail shaker (or a large jar with a non-leaky lid) shake together the water and maccha until there are no lumps.
- Add the ice, a squeeze of lime, handfuls of mint and shake it some more. (Add sweetener if you like).
- Pour into glasses with extra lime slices and mint.
Minty Simple Syrup:
Heat 1 part white sugar and 1 part water in a small saucepan, stirring until the sugar is dissolved. Turn off the heat and drop in handfuls of mint and let it steep until it cools to room temp. Strain out the mint and chill until ready to use.
Recipe and photo by Love and Lemons