Who doesn’t like a fruit loaf? This recipe is so easy to make and is a great accompaniment to any morning or afternoon tea!
- 250g sultanas
- 250g currants
- 250g caster sugar
- 375ml cold Chai (or Glogg or Ayurveda teas would also work well)
- 1 free-range egg
- 500g self-raising flour
- 1tsp mixed spice
- 1tsp grated nutmeg
you will need
- 900g loaf tin, lined with baking parchment
- Place the sultanas, currants and caster sugar in a large bowl and pour over the cold chai tea. Stir well and leave, covered, overnight for the fruit to plump up.
- Heat the oven to 180 C, 160 C fan.
- Add the egg to the bowl of soaked fruit and beat in.
- Sift in the flour, mixed spice and nutmeg, and stir until the mixture is well blended.
- Spoon into the prepared tin and bake in the oven for 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes, until firm to the touch and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the tin and allow to cool completely before serving.
Original recipe and photo sourced from Woman & Home To purchase any of our teas online please click here.